Monday, March 02, 2009

Everywhere Status Go


She knows what she wants. She also knows how to get it. We are in the phase of on everything, behind everything, into everything and then while Mommy is distracted putting away the last thing, find something else to get ourselves into trouble with.

Meanwhile, on a job update front, I like the new job. I struggle with making less per hour than I have since um... right out of highschool? It's a pride thing. And a comfort of living thing. But, I think it's nice of God to pick such a blunt way to show me that I can like my job and live a simplier life. So for that I am greatful.

My mother is ok. People keep asking. She's gone back to "he who shall not be named" and as a result I set down some house rules that boil down to (1) he doesn't exist and (2) don't call me to tell me about how you are reacting to someone who doesn't exist. We seem to be doing fine with the new rules.

My relationship with Jon's mom is still broken. Mainly, because she doesn't seem to think she did anything wrong enough to me to warrant apologizing. And, despite lots of praying about it I still feel like I got ambushed by someone who was trying to show me how to be a Christian. I keep praying. Maybe someday something will come of that.

Jon, has become so good at his job that now he can do his job and other people's jobs while he's at work. The result, due to the economy, is a whole lot of nothing. But, I'm still proud of him for it. He stays home with the baby when I have to work and if we are both working she stays with Erin which has been a huge blessing.

I still have a black eye. My face is breaking out like a 13 year old boys from the fertility drugs I am taking. Yesterday I had a migraine all day which I am thinking is also from the hormones. And, finding out I didn't have cancer cost me almost $400 for the lab work. I guess that's cheaper than finding out you do have cancer...and once I calm down from the blinding rage I get just thinking about the bill, I'll try and refocus on that positive.

We finally got all our DMV related issues solved this month. The result will be a tight squeeze budget-wise but at least everything is on the up and up while we're driving which I know makes Jon a lot more comfortable.

Last but not least, it's 26 days till my 30th birthday, which I'm pretty sure means a whole lot of nothing being as we'll be too poor to go out or anything (at least at the rate we're going) but I took the day of my actual birthday off. Which I plan on spending by sleeping in... if nothing else.

I start working Saturdays this weekend. That will give me Wednesday's off. I'm hoping that having one weekday off will break my funk of sitting around in my pjs on my first day off every week. I am hoping to instead invest in some story time at the library with Layla and possibly a play group *gasp*.

I figure a play group might help me replace the nagging feeling that Layla should be spending more time with her cousins by involving her playing with a group of kids that actually invite her to things instead of always waiting for us to plan the next thing.

Is this post random enough now? Good, because I'm done.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Great update. Bummer about the hormonal things.

Playgroups are wierd for me too. North and I go every week because we like the social atmosphere (and I like using toys that I don't have to buy for him!), but a teeny, tiny part of my inner monalogue turns into a rude teenager. When watching a large group, I have seen families can do some strange things!