Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Party of 3


In honor of the THREE days until my 30th birthday... I'll now give you 3 examples of what my life was like when I was little.
I grew up in a house filled with laughter. In fact, I can't remember a whole day EVER that someone didn't laugh about something in. No matter how awful it was there was a joke to be made to find the silver lining.

I grew up in a house that was always filled with love. The love of welcoming over every friend and family member who was ever in the neighborhood. The door was never locked the guests were always welcomed. They came to house filled with love because the loved the laughter and we loved laughing with them.
I grew up in a family of three. It lasted only until just after I started college and sometimes I wondered if it would ever be the same for me. I wondered if it was possible to recreate that open home filled with love and laughter. But, I have learned (now that I'm almost 30) that in that house I got one more thing other than love and laughter. I got the lesson of what it is like to roll with the punches, to adapt with the seasons and to find hope in each other when you need someone for strength.
It was a life lesson, where I grew up. Just the three of us making the best of it. And now it's the lesson I love teaching my daughter with my husband by my side. Together we still laugh, together we still love, and together we learn... somethings never change.




4 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

Best memories of life are when you're children are young....
Coming in at a close Second is having the joy of seeing your granddaughter bring back the best memories of your life :)

The key word here is "Party" of 3

Got to bring your happy with you!

Glen said...

It was a good life. some of the happiest times in my life. i would not have changed a thing. good life, good family,great memories. sometimes, I miss all that. I'm happy I had you. I'm what you would call a proud father AND a very HAPPY GRANDPA. thank you Jon. your a great son inlaw, and you take good care of my girls. I think Allie made a good pick. or you made a good pick.IT's all good. god blessed us all. love you. Dad

Glen said...

It was a good life. some of the happiest times in my life. i would not have changed a thing. good life, good family,great memories. sometimes, I miss all that. I'm happy I had you. I'm what you would call a proud father AND a very HAPPY GRANDPA. thank you Jon. your a great son inlaw, and you take good care of my girls. I think Allie made a good pick. or you made a good pick.IT's all good. god blessed us all. love you. Dad

Glen said...

It was a good life. some of the happiest times in my life. i would not have changed a thing. good life, good family,great memories. sometimes, I miss all that. I'm happy I had you. I'm what you would call a proud father AND a very HAPPY GRANDPA. thank you Jon. your a great son inlaw, and you take good care of my girls. I think Allie made a good pick. or you made a good pick.IT's all good. god blessed us all. love you. Dad