Monday, August 03, 2009

Checked off

So this week, strike that, this month is a very busy one. There are birthdays and baby showers and trips to the fair to juggle with work schedules and adult responsibilities.

So am I entirely surprised when the family that we never see is coming for a visit and we're going to dinner? Nope. Am I shocked that every time I lay down for a nap the phone rings? Not anymore.

There are a lot of to do lists flying around this month and sometimes I need to check myself off of someone else's. And sometimes it's all heart felt and exciting and loving. And sometimes your just another task to be accomplished. Do I care which 1 I am? I try not to.

It's going to be a long and stressful end of summer if I don't keep myself calm.

Biting my tongue. Check. Tongue in cheek. Check. Tongue kept in check. Check... Err ... We'll see.