Sunday, August 16, 2009

Piled Up

In my bedroom there is a pile of clean laundry overflowing that has never been put away and a pile of bedding that just needs to be put on a bed. In the bathroom there is the pile of bath toys and the pile of crap in the drawer on my side that never gets put away correctly. Layla's room houses two closets piled with things that need to be properly sorted and put away along with the normal piles of toys and stuffed animals and books that are in every toddler room. The living room houses piles of toys, newspapers just read, DVD's never put away, bedding to be tucked away upstairs and shoes that have no home. The kitchen as always has piles on the counter and piles in the sink and even the table houses piles of things that have no home.

I live in a pile.

I used to have the cleanest house in town and then I had a toddler, and a full time job and everyone had a baby at once and it's always someone's birthday and the next thing I know on my day off all I really want to do is sit on my arse and watch some brainless movie and read a book and eat junk food...

And it piles up around me and I think...next day off I'll take care of it... but I never do.

So today I'm tackling one pile at a time and seeing how far I get. Three piles in I am ready wishing for naptime and trying to talk myself into keeping going.

I don't want to be one of those people. You know the people with the gross house...

But really...this is gross.

2 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

I was just there last night and your house is not gross...
People please keep in mind how OCD Allie can be about cleaning lol
Every mom has times when life piles up on them and remember, it was just a week ago, or less, that the flu attacked you and your daugther...
so Allie, your mom says 'You're doing a great job' and when I get finished with MY PILES I can help you with yours ;)

Trisha said...

Do you ever feel that sometimes as mothers we just manage choas? I mean really, sometimes I feel like shouting "nobody move or touch anything"! Why can't our houses stay clean and tidy for just five minutes?