Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pisser

Today everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. When my alarm went off at 5 A.M., I had an overwhelming urge to hit the snooze button, not once but twice. Just as I was crawling into the laundry pile to attempt to find something to wear to work the baby woke up screaming in the next room.

So I stumbled to the hall light and made an attempt to put her back to bed, which I do most mornings without so much as a sleepy nod in my direction. Instead, there was crying and clinging and gnashing of teeth. Ten minutes of that, added to the ten minutes of snooze button time, I relented and took her to the Daddy who was trying to sleep and handed her off…still sobbing… so I could take a shower. 

I got out of the shower in a brisk 5 minutes to find the baby playing in the hallway. Still tear streaked. Daddy was trying to sleep so I tried again to put her back to bed. No dice.

She ended up getting up and forcing Daddy to get up as well because Mommy only had 5 minutes to find her shoes and throw on a thin layer of make-up before work. 

Of course Daddy's don't just get up at 5:30 in the morning. They throw mini-temper tantrums, similar to the one I wanted to have this morning in the shower but avoided, because I'm not a Daddy.

And the bad week that has been lingering was in full force by the time I left for work 5 minutes later. I arrived at work wishing I had a sick day I could actually use, or at least a stiff drink and a Xanax but instead found my desk piled high with paperwork to process and dishes left over from yesterday's potluck. Lucky me. 

Today is going to suck. 

It's been such a long week. Monday there was financial worries and insurance changes at Jon's work to trudge through. Tuesday the fabulous Miss Erin got her new school schedule which for a few minutes there left us totally screwed until thankfully I realized my Mom is off work for 3 months and she can supplement…because there is no way we can afford day care prices in the Central Valley right now. 

Then just when I thought Wednesday would be better. I got not 1 but TWO lovely temper-tantrums in my morning routine and a drama filled text on my first break.

 Is it Saturday yet?

1 comment:

Layla's Nana said...

Pisser!!!
It can only get better right?