Monday, January 29, 2007

Menu Monday

Hey it's Monday... let's try that menu thing again. It didn't work out too well last week because we ended up eating at home Sunday because we had $20 to our name and eating birthday dinner for my dad at La Morenita on Saturday but it's still worth a shot.

Monday- Chicken Cilantro Soup with Noodles
Tuesday- Steak & Grilled Veggies
Wednesday- Rosemary Chicken and brocolli
Thursday- Thursday night I'm having a scrap book thing for some girls I know. Hopefully, we'll have a decent turn out. It starts at 7 and so I need a quick dinner to fit into the slot between 6 when Hubby gets home and 7. I'm thinking grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Friday- Penne Pasta with Cream Sauce & Shrimp, Salad & Homemade bread (I'm thinking about inviting the Mom2 (mother in law) to dinner.
Saturday- eating out
Sunday- I'm going to try making Paella at some point. Probably Sunday. Wish me luck!!

Wednesday nights used to be an eat out night but I have given up working in the church baby nursery for awhile due to the fact that I'm struggling with hope and holding little babies makes me want to walk in front of a bus (with the exception to those who are my own kin).

2 comments:

Christine said...

Maybe a crock pot dinner on the scrapbook night?

Last night, I sliced a couple of onions, and put them in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then, I put in about 4-4 1/2 pounds of bone-in country style pork ribs, and an entire bottle of Cattleman's Smoke house Barbecue sauce. It cooked on Low for about 6-8 hours, and served with instant mashed potatoes, and some frozen veggies from Trader Joes. SUPER easy and yummy!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that grilled cheese and tomato soup is the number one comfort food in the united states? Now you know and knowing is half the battle...GO JOE!!!