Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dorkus Maximus


Ahh weekends off. The rest of the weekends off this round are booked solid. So I am very glad that today I opted out of going to the Garlic Festival or making a playdate and instead did the things I needed to do.
I needed to go to bed at 9 pm and sleep in until 8 am. I needed to cuddle with my daughter, eat waffles and watch Sesame Street. I needed her to decide to nap at 10 even though she just got up so I could clean out the toy box, purge some clothes that are too small for her and finally find my other camera battery.
I needed to "finally" change out of my PJ's at 11:30 only to slip into my favorite bra, a comfortable pair of yoga pants and a hot pink tank top you'll never see in public. I needed to sort through pictures from earlier this month (like the one above) and work on Layla's birthday party invites.
I needed to be a dork and dance to Kat Kountry Radio while I found a snack. I needed to blog. I needed to enjoy my air conditioning too much and go outside 3 times to find my newspaper is missing.
I needed a dork day, a pj day, a day with no agenda or shopping list. And, so I'm going to go back to doing that now.

2 comments:

Grammi Teri said...

Amen to Dork days! I love this picture, two of my favorite dorks!

Grammi Teri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.