Friday, July 17, 2009

I feel it coming

The hot weather of August in the California Central Valley has arrived. Suddenly the hundred degree weather is making everyone grimace on the short walk to the air conditioned house from their car. Of course, that means that summer is in full swing and that the busy season...oh it's a-comin'.

August proudly boasts the arrival of several new babies in our families/friends group (speaking of which hop over to Trisha's blog and see how cute her new baby is when you have time). It's also my company picnic, the county fair, my god-son's birthday, my niece's birthday, my step-mom-in-law's birthday, and the hubby's birthday. Throw into that crazy mix a girls weekend to Fort Bragg that my mom is trying to put together and a baby shower and I am going to be very hot and very tired before September.

Least you think I can rest in September...that's the month of Layla's birthday, my mom's birthday, my anniversary, Terri's birthday, my sister-in-law's birthday, labor day weekend (which means the Fall Festival) and the expected arrival of another baby. Plus we're going to try and swing a road trip to the local Renaissance Faire that month.

So maybe in October after the trip to Disneyland, someone's 30th birthday, my other niece's birthday, and my other god-son's birthday I'll have some time to drop into a coma before I try to take the baby trick or treating past all the grandparents in one day. At least this year it will be a little easier as some of the grandparents/great-grandparents will all be in the same place at the same time.

Oh my sweet November how I do look forward to seeing you again. I miss your Autumn leaves, warm colors and the fact that you only have 2 birthday's and some paid time off from work to eat turkey on your vast calender of little empty boxes.

No comments: