Monday, December 11, 2006

ahhh Monday...again...Joy 6 & 7

So this weekend we had nothing to do. Which of course means we were busy the whole time. I'm sure you know how that goes. How about a play by play? Great... here we go...


Friday after work I went to my friend B's house. She was supposed to meet me there. Shew as running late so I went and got a Starbucks. Turns out she was running more late than that so I .sat in her front yard in my car for awhile. She's my oldest and dearest BFF from highschool so I still love her even though I sat in my car for a long time. Friday's meeting was to make up for the fact that she didn't drop off a bunch of stuff on Thursday. I ended up calling my brother in law because it didn't all fit in my car. He was there five minutes later and we were back at my house unloading a free crib (with mattress) , a playpen (and all it's lovely accessories), a car seat with it's base, a box of toys and a box of crib sheets and pads, and a bag full of bottles, spoons and other baby feeding devices. So then we're at the house talking and we decide everyone should go to his house to play board games when Hubby gets off work at 8:30. So we wait till 8:30, pick up some Taco Bell and we play Munchkin (which is a card game) till around midnight.
My Joy for day 6 (Saturday) is this game (which is horribly corny and keeps my Hubby and his brother very close)

Saturday we wake up pretty decently early for people with no kids and no plans and I find myself assemblying the baby room at 9 am in my pjs with bed head. For those of you who are following along. No. We're not having a baby. We just watch our neice and nephew enough that we've decided to make the back room a TPGB or tiny person guest bedroom for those of you who don't speak Allie'isms. After that I made biscuits and gravy. It's been cold and rainy so it sounded like a great idea. We watched some TV and did some minor nothing and some major nothing...for most of the day. Hubby went by his mothers (which could be another story for another time) while I worked from home and then when he got back I was out of the shower and we went back to Brother in Law's for another round of board games and dinner. We hung out there until almost midnight again. I crashed as soon as I hit the sheets.


We had already decided not to go to church this Sunday. It was kids christmas chior day and our normal seats at the front of the service at Monte Vista Chapel would be crammed with parents, grandparents and aunts baring camcorders, digital cameras and usually at least one or two really cute babies in christmas clothing cramming towards the front to catch little Jenny or Jimmy singing or waving a banner. Yeah. Not it. I'm a little hormonal from the pills they are giving me for my ovaries and I was bound to cry... a lot... and that's not cool. Also there is some sort of desire not to be squished in a pew with Aunt Betty and her mammoth VCR recorder. So... we slept in. Most of the day was uneventful. We watched a Christmas movie, I made a country breakfast, and Hubby's mom stopped by with his sister and the baby to drop off one of my Christmas presents so I could use it this weekend. Hubby raked the leaves and cleaned out the storage shed. I did a lot of dishes, some laundry and a little bit of kitchen cleanup. I ran to the store, ran into someone I know and had a nice visit. That was about it.
Joy day 7 is all about having the tools you need for the job. Like an alan wrench and for once not having to build something using a butter knife and a meat tenderizers. I mean how great are tools...yea... I know... without them I would have spent Sunday building furniture too instead of just the brief time I spent on Saturday.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We went to my sister's baby shower on Saturday. She commented on how much money she saved by getting all of Ben's clothes for her little boy. She still hasn't had to go buy any clothes. It feels good to be a blessing, and of course to be blessed once in a while.

Yeah. Tools are cool. Especially a hammer... because sometimes a rubber mallet won't cut it.