Monday, December 04, 2006

Stein Leventhal Syndrome

Stein Leventhal Syndrome. That’s what it is, and I don’t even have the worst version of it. Hallelujah…the hard part is over. Knowing what you have does great things. The Dr called this morning and I already feel better.

First off, you don’t feel crazy (granted I still feel very hormonal because I’m being shot full of hormones) but I’m not crazy there really is something wrong with my ovaries that can be quantified, qualified and filed into a nice little category in column B of the medical chart in my Dr’s office.

Secondly, once you have something on your chart you can start fixing it. I’m a fan of checklists so we’re approaching this with a check list mentality.

Thirdly, once you know what you’re up against you can play beat the clock with an educated line up.

It’s all code green over here in our household.

So at this point the game plan looks like this. I’ll be taking some nice hormone pills (sorry about the mood swings- in advance- just in case). I’ll be getting a sonogram to officially rule out cancer, ovarian cysts (which are not part of this version of PCOS- but I’ve had them before so we want to make sure I don’t have another one in the way) and other ugly internal yuckies (yes that’s a technical term).

Once that’s done we’re going to give a run at making a baby with some hormone boosters on the side. Assuming that works after I have a baby I’ll be put on a metabolism booster and a little hormone pill to keep things flowing so we can try to have one (or more) additional babies before the buzzer goes off signaling the end of the game.

Of course there is always plan B. Adoption. Enough said.

So the prayer request is as always…babies, patience and God’s will…in whatever form. And praise in that we seem to be moving along quickly, clearly and with much hope in our hearts. And all my thanks to everyone who’s been praying for us and who have been so incredibly supportive through all of this.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It is good to have a label. It must feel like such a relief to have a plan. Here's hoping for triplets!