Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #72

Thirteen Things about Allie @ Christmas
1. I'm rather smug about the fact that I'm completely done preparing for Christmas, gifts are wrapped and food is purchased.
2. My favorite Christmas ornament used to be my Grinch ornament but this year I got an Our First Christmas Ornament that knocked it out of first place.
3. The only time I've ever tried to snow board I broke my tailbone so instead I love to go to the snow and have a snowball fight while everyone else is speeding down the slopes.
4. My favorite Christmas song is "Baby It's Cold Outside" but my favorite Christmas Carol is "O Holy Night"
5. I used to make my own hot chocolate and marshmallows for Christmas gifts to other people, the year I switched to store bought gifts no one noticed...5 years later people started asking about it.
6. I have a really hard time making my Christmas list now that I am Christian because I feel very guilty about telling people how to show their love for me. This means that usually I like the presents that I get that aren't on my list MUCH more than the one's I've asked for.
7. I bought Christmas stockings this year for Children I do not have yet so that they will match the set that I got for myself and the Hubby
8. I usually buy my Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving. This year it was too close to the heating vent and we had to replace it last week.
9. I want a puppy from Santa Claus but I can't have one because I live in a rental.
10. My least favorite part of Christmas dinner prep is peeling things. Usually I try to get someone else to do that part.
11. My favorite thing at Christmas dinner is the Cranberry Relish that my Aunt Penny taught me to make when I was 11.
12. One year I got more presents from my extended family than my parents could fit in the car. I decided that year that when I grew up I'd limit my kids to 3 presents from me. I was 12.
13. This is my first Thursday Thirteen. I'm super excited about it.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 13! I'm jealous that you've got your shopping done!

And I'm sorry you had to replace your tree!

My 13 are up.

Sue said...

Welcome to TT! I too finish shopping early. My goal is to finish by Thanksgiving (when most people start). And I finished wrapping last week. I love being done! :) I've had that song - Baby it's cold outside - stuck in my since yesterday. Lucky I like it too. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cindy Swanson said...

Allie, thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I enjoyed your 13. Merry Christmas!

mistihollrah said...

I just completed my first 13 too! Merry Christmas..

www.fourtybefore40.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

I also have anew favorite ornament. I just bought a house and my mother painted my new house on an ornament for me.

Happy TT and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the live of TT! It is so much fun. Thanks for visiting mine today. I'm one of the ones who always have pictures in mine. LOL! Happy Holidays.

Anonymous said...

I like your first list! Have a happy Christmas.

Jane said...

Hi,

We have a lot in common. I too am done shopping (well I have one grab bag to get.) I thought about buying new stockings for us and the children we are struggling to concieve. I got scared I would jinx myself which is silly I know. I have been reading some Christian blogs where they only give their children 3 special gifts (like the wise men) and I think that is really lovely. I so want a puppy but we live in an apartment that doesn't allow them. Anyway, that's all but I enjoyed your list!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TT! Baby it's Cold Outside is a great song!

Happy TT!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Welcome and great list!

Anonymous said...

Your TT was great!!! And thanks for visiting mine. I'm going to add you to my regular reads... you'll fit in great with all my "friends." :)

PS - i'm done shopping too (yet, i found a way to spend another $66 at Target today, anyhow... sigh)

Mary said...

Yu did a great job on your first 13!

I'm wit ya on the peeling, but my husband likes to chop... I'll take any help i can get.

I think thats really sweet about the stockings matching. :O) We also bought 4 when we only needed 3, we only had one child... then we ended up having another one.

Buttercup said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT! You have a reason to be smug. I wish I was all done too. Ah well!

Rene said...

The first Christmas after I was married, I ran out after the holiday and bought all the "our first Christmas" ornaments I could find. Because it was after the fact, I got them half price.

My children broke my favorite ornament last year. I don't have a replacement one.

Julie said...

Welcome to the Thursday 13! You did a great job with your first list :) Hope you and your husband have a very Merry Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my list!

tiggerprr said...

Welcome to TT! :) I enjoyed your first edition! Thanks for coming to visit mine! :)

BlueBugg said...

Welcome to the TT!!! :) :)

I really enjoyed reading your list and learning a little about you around Christmas time!

Here's hoping you get that puppy when the time is right :) :)

Anonymous said...

Very glad I got to meet you through Thursday 13 ... this is my second week. You have a great design and a wonderfully transparent heart.

I'll be back!

have fun,
pam

Justice Fergie said...

welcome my fellow first time thirteener! i love that you've already bought Christmas stockings for your future children. how sweet! have a merry one.