Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday 13- Mini Resolutions

Thirteen Things about Allie

1. Become more physically active.
I'm at the least physically active that I've ever been. So this is about getting up and doing something more often.

2. Make a conscience effort to be affectionate in a less playful manner.
Just because I think pillow fights, tickling and pretending to bite someone is funny sometimes, doesn't mean my hubby does.

3. Make and stick to a budget for 2007.
This will be a hard one due to the fact that we're starting off a little behind in 2007 and we're going on vacation as soon as the year starts but it's worth a try.

4. Dinner at home 4 nights a week minimum.
Lately we seem to be eating out a decent amount. While that's not too bad tasting it's definitely not good on the budget.

5. Monitor my fertility.
I swore I'd never be one of those women with the thermometer and the calendar but my Dr seems to think it's a good idea so we're off the land of charts and calendars for 2007.

6. Girls Night Out.
Time to work a girl’s night out on to my calendar for once a month. Probably to co-inside with a boys night in of some sort (or out).

7. All things in Moderation.
Like food, chocolate, Pepsi and butter. Yea, you know it. This is the diet number.

8. Constant Diligence.
Pray every day. Simple as it sounds, hard as it may be. Be more like Christ. Try harder.

9. Don't put it off until it's too late.
Every year I talk about scrap booking and making a family cookbook for people for Christmas. Then I put it off for 12 months. Then it's too late. Then I swear to do it next year. This year... I'm doing NOW.

10. Keeping in touch.
I was really bad last year about keeping up with my friends and family. Sure, I emailed a lot. But I mean calling and stopping by more than once a month. So this year I'm going to try to get the family circle back into a circle.

11. Putting my best foot forward.
I don't mean to sound vain because I know I'm not a pretty girly girl. But I used to be a done up girl. I mean I used to look kempt and professional. Ah...the good old days. It's time to get into some up to date clothing and get my hair and nails done. Don't you think?

12. Rising to the challenge.
This one is all about succeeding at work where I just took a new job. Passing the tests & making the difference. Changing the world.

13. Being real.
I had this on my last list in another form called "no game face". I seem to be growing a new game face for the same old reason. Bye bye game face.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


21 comments:

Chickadee said...

Keeping in touch with family and friends at least once a month sounds like a great idea. Emails and calls are good, but visiting is better. But it is hard in these times because it seems like everyone is so busy.

My 13 are up. I moved my blog and this is my first 13 in my new digs.

Justice Fergie said...

hi allie,

your resolutions are great. i have several that similar, like tackling the pile of memorabilia and photos that i've been saving so that i can make them into a 2006 scrapbook "when I get the time" - here's to no more procrastination in '07!

Ute said...

Hi Allie,
a lot of what you wrote sounds like it could be from me. I'm so happy to have found the TT's. And my very first TT's are up on my blog. I hope you'll come and visit me. :)

alisonwonderland said...

great TT! you've got some good goals for 2007 - some that i'm sure all of us could be better at! happy new year!

N. Mallory said...

These are good, positive "resolutions"! We can do it!

BTW, I love your website template!

Anonymous said...

A very good list; good luck with it!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Remember you can't really do all those things! Only Christ within you can! Ask HIm to chagne you! Happy Thursday!

Mike said...

Good luck with your list of things. I can't do without my pepsi. So it's diet pepsi for me lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great list. Good luck on accomplishing.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy New Year.

ann said...

You have certainly decided on some good resolutions! I would benefit from many of the same resolutions. I've never been big on making New Year's Resolutions only because I think every day should be made the best day yet! Unfortunately, as Dr Phil says, Past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. I think sitting down and making a list after deciding the changes I would truly like to make in my life, praying about those changes and making a conscience effort to implement the changes would be a great thing! Thanks for the motivation!

Darla said...

Good luck achieving your goals! We finally stuck to #4 this past year by scheduling one night a week for eating out. Making it a special occasion helped keep us from succumbing to the temptation to just go out when we didn't feel like cooking... That and making sure we had easy-to-prepare food on hand. :)

Jane said...

Very admirable resolutions and certainly attainable. God bless you as you work on each one.
Thanks for stopping by my T13 today.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great year planned for yourself! :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Good luck with your list! I plan on doing some too!

My TT13 is up :)

Jamie said...

I like your goals, good luck with all. Almost all of them would be on my list too.

mistihollrah said...

Great list. My second list is up at www.fourtybefore40.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great list! You've got some great goals for 2007.

Happy TT

Milan-zzz said...

This sounds realistic...
Good luck :)

D.R. Cootey said...

Numbers 8 and 12 were my favorites. That's a well thought out list. I wish you all the best in achieving your goals.

Come back and leave a comment on my Thursday Thirteen. I'd love to hear what you thought of my list.

My Thursday Thirteen

~Douglas
-=-
The Splintered Mind - Overcoming Neurological Disabilities With Lots Of Humor And Attitude

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Good luck with your resolutions! I hope you are successful with them.

Anonymous said...

Girls Night Out. Forgot to add that one to my new resolution. I will :)

Great list. Thanks for reading mine.