Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Joy Day 3

When I was little I wanted to be famous. Not famous like the President or a person on TV. I wanted to be a rock star. The closest I ever got was dancing on a bar once with a few girlfriends the year after I got out of college. And for the record...we were sober... it just sounded like fun.

For me there is a great deal of joy in watching a person really rock the house. When the crowd is into to it and the band is loving what they do I feel a great amount of happiness. I think that Joy comes from the realization that Lord wants us to have fellowship and to express our joy in groups.

I wanted to be a rocker girl but instead my audience is a bunch of two and three year olds. Every Wednesday night I work the baby nursery at my church I try to at least once get all the kids to sing a song together. I rock the house with my ring around the rosey. We bust a move to the hokey pokey. The crowd eats it up. And there in that moment of pure joy we are celebrating the life the Lord gave us. One where we have each other...and sometimes a great solo.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I want to be a Salvation Army bell ringer just so I can sing Christmas carols. Does that count as a rock star?