Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Back in the Day Party...

So last night was our back in the day party. At any given time we had between 7 and 13 people here (not including us and babies). It was a blast. We played board games, watched Christmas movies and ate a lot of really great food.

My nephew who had been here the night before and my neice who came for awhile and then went to Grandma's house both got their fair share of time as the center of attention. Their childhood is very similar to mine in that every aunt and uncle is VERY involved with them and they get A LOT of attention. Which is good. Because we're learning to hold up heads and to crawl now but later in life when the lessons get harder they will already have that foundation of trust.

So I'm done for a little over a week. Then it will be Christmas day and I'll be cooking again. I love making ham so I'm excited about that. There will also be turkey, two kinds of stuffing, 3 kinds of veggies and some deviled eggs and home made rolls/bread. I heart food. I can't wait.

All the food around here has me thinking about New Year resolutions. Have you thought about yours yet?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

As a rule, I don't make resolutions. If I really want to make a change, I'll do it, with or without a hallmark like the start of a new year. For instance, I knew I had to quit smoking before I got married because we were planning on getting pregnant soon after. So, a month before the big date, I quit cold turkey.

If you forced me at gunpoint to make a resolution, I'd say that I resolve to find peace and happiness every day in the new year. Is that cheating?

Your party sounds yummy.