Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Realization of Joy (Day 10)

I think one of the most powerful things that ever happened to me was the moment I discovered that I was worthy of God's grace. There was this great moment of powerful joy. For a long time I thought that happiness was in knowing the Lord. As I have grown as a Christian I have come to the realization that I don't know the Lord very well at all and that I will always be in a search to know him better. This has lead me to ask what that feeling of Joy was. I have now come to the unprofessional opinion that the specific type of Joy that I felt was the realization of self worth. Realizing that you deserve joy is very powerful. Until that moment that you have it you might always feel that you're not quite doing it right or that you don't deserve anything better or that you are doomed to fail. But in one moment you can discover that Joy is something of great value and while other people can inspire it you are responsible for finding it in yourself and using it to inspire others. Realizing that you are your own Joy Stealer will be one of those "duh" moments that we all dread. But what you do with it... now that's the awe inspiring part.

No comments: