Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Joy Day 4

So one of the things that has given me a great deal of joy this year is decorating our first Christmas as a married couple. I got lucky in that the sage green and burgundy combination that runs throughout our house was very easy to tie into a Christmas Theme... see for yourself...

This is our living room with Christmas tree and the piano I'm using for a fake mantle because we don't have one.
This is the Christmas Village that is outside our bathroom door on the way to the Kitchen. I painted it with my Aunt Penny before she died.
I love these pine garlands and have them placed around my house along with random cinnamon scented piles of pinecones to give my house that Country Christmas feel.
That Poinsetta was almost $20.00 and it's the only one in my house but I didn't know what else to do to this side of the room to make it festive. I replaced all my sconce candles with candy cane striped ones to add color to the walls.
My favorite thing this year is the tree covered with both of our family ornaments and the glass "our first christmas" ornament we got as a wedding present.
Love is sharing the holiday traditions.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's beautiful, Allie. I'm looking forward to decorating our first house together next year. This year, we're not doing anything. I know it's awful, but I can't imagine trying to keep Ben out of all the breakable ornaments and decorations. Looking at your lovely home, though, makes me yearn for some holly and pine cones. And maybe some sparkly snowflakes to hang in the windows.

A said...

I didn't decorate year before last because it was just me. Sometimes it's not worth it. I put all non breakable ornaments near the ground and I put some empty boxes with bells in them at the front of the tree with the babies names on them so that if they pick one up and try to play with it they aren't breaking anything. I learned both tricks from my grandmother. I also place a couple unwrapped toys under the tree if a child is really curious so that a train or a doll might keep them from climbing up my tree stand.

Cheryl said...

Good tricks. Thanks.

PastormacsAnn said...

Wow, your place looks lovely. So festive and inviting. Happy Love Thursday. Enjoy!