Friday, August 24, 2007

33 weeks

Last night, my husband slept on the couch. I'm sure this is due to several small factors of being 33 weeks pregnant. I am uncomfortable and require lots of rolling over and stacking pillows...so his territory on the bed has gradually gotten smaller and smaller. Also, I have a very low tolerance for his snoring now and it can keep me up all night. It probably doesn't help that I get up to go pee three times a night only to come back to bed and rustle around for another 20-30 minutes. What can I say? I love a man who'll take one for the team.

33 weeks pregnant has brought a few interesting things with it. For instance, everyone tells you the baby will put it's foot into your lung under your ribs. No one talks about the long baby that puts it's whole leg on the outside of your rib cage just under your skin and then hangs there upside down like batman having a nice little rest. That was very alarming the first time it happened. Not that it hurt, because it didn't/doesn't but just no one had told me that it could happen.

Also discovered in this week of pregnancy was the exact feeling of having someone push their little tiny head into your pelvic bone. On the upside I know that this is prep for labor and at some point I'm going to be all stretched out and ready to go. On the downside, it makes you have to pee. Not that "hey I need to pee" sort of feeling...more the "holy heck I had to go pee 2 minutes ago, pee pee dance in the hallway feeling."

So depending on who you ask I'm either 33 or 34 weeks along. Fun no? I have no idea when I'm due but I do know that next week will probably be my last week at work and I can't wait for that part to be slightly resolved. There is something to be said for having no money but being able to sleep in.

I have a blood test next week and a OBGYN appt on the 4th...that appointment will tell me whether I keep working or not. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

MRasey said...

Heh. I'm 33 1/2 weeks (after IVF) and I have a little 'batgirl' too. I know exactly what you're talking about. It's bizarre.

As for the bed, we broke down and bought a king which helped alot. I rotate between the bed and the couch all night so the DH can't be kicked out of bed.

M

Cheryl said...

One more week done. Pregnancy is a crazy ride, that's for sure. My husband insists that he isn't woken up by my constantly turning over and getting up to pee. He is less enthusiastic about my insomnia when I lay there watching tv for a couple of hours. Spoilsport.