Monday, August 06, 2007

Oh My OBGYN

The one hour glucouse test is awful. It involves drinking yucky things and getting poked with needles. I didn't complain about it when they made me take it because every woman has to take one. But, they lost my results. So I have to take it again... and damn it this time I'm going to complain.

Sept 4th will officially be my last day at work. Got that paperwork today. Look out short term disability...here I come. I am looking forward to a month of not being comfortable and watching bad tv while craving things I can't eat because of the heartburn because that's what everyone tells me I have to look forward to.

I put on 4 pounds. This officially puts me back at the weight I started this pregnancy at. He said by the time I give birth I'll probably be about the same as I started. He's a cute little stuttering OBGYN and I think I like him.

She's head down now. Appearantly, she decided sitting on her rump wasn't fun anymore. That's a good thing because babies sitting on their rump get c-sections and we don't want that. He said that's probably why I keep getting winded at Target... she's probably kicking my lungs and because of my high pain tolerance I'm not complaining just winded.

He said if she stays head down I might actually get to go to full term. Who knew? Um... I did... remember when I used to make jokes about how I was going to spend months worrying about pre-term labor and then she'd be late... apparently she thinks that's a grand idea.

Oh and moving... he said none of that for me. So sorry hubby... but the boxes all have your name on them. Just remember... it's not my fault...blame the baby.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I have my glucose test in a couple of weeks, and I'm not looking forward to it. Worse, though, is the four-hour glucose test that they put you through if your first test results come back abnormal. You basically sit there in the waiting room, starving, thirsty, trying to read a book, and they call you back every hour to poke you again.

Yay! for head down. That makes things a lot easier as far as delivery goes. Celebrating over here for Layla and Allie!