Thursday, August 23, 2007

HoHoHo Annonymous


I really think there should be a support group for people like me. People who are planning their holidays even though it's only August 29th. HoHoHo Annonymous- that's what I'd call it. It would have great attendance, women with piles of shopping catalogs and laptops with lots of saved links. We could decorate the room in July and leave it up until Christmas then we'd rip it down and start planning for the next July. The whole place would smell like pine trees and cinnamon and you could faintly hear the Christmas classics playing in the background.

But, there isn't a group for people like me. So instead of enjoying my pre-Christmas planning bug I spend a lot of time pretending like I'm not secretly planning what to get people. I've gotten decent at it. And stashed in my purse there is already a list of the people I'm going to shop for and I've even crossed a few people off because I'm ::gasp:: already done with them.

Last month I asked you to make a list of the people you need to shop for. This month will be even harder... make a list of things you do and don't want to do this holiday that you put yourself through. Then tape it to your fridge. Seriously!

It's time to change Christmas into something you enjoy. Wanna see part of my list? I know you do...

I do want to spend Christmas day in my own home with my own family.

I don't want people to feel obligated to come to my house, so if they have other family options I'd honestly prefer they go there.

I do want to get something great for my husband and my daughter.

I do not want to spend any time at Day after Thanksgiving sales.

I do want to eat turkey.

I do not want to cook turkey.

So what about your list??

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm not a fan of the holidays, so I tend to avoid shopping. We don't buy lots of presents for each other, so that makes it pretty easy. My siblings and our children do a secret santa trade in the fall so as a family, we only need to buy one adult present and one child present. Everybody else gets homemade cookies or an apple pie to take home.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't even like decorating for Christmas. I