Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good. Intentions

I had every intention of putting up pictures of the new house and nursery today but our email is still down at home and I didn't bring my camera cord with me to work so I guess you'll all have to wait that out a little while longer.

Today has been a long work day. I had a lot of stuff to get done and I have a client meeting this afternoon so my day is shot from 2:00 p.m on. I should expect that to be a regular occurance from now until I get off on maternity leave I suppose. But it's less than 20 days out so I think I can manage.

Things just keep randomly jumping into my schedule and I can't seem to ward them off. Like the cable guy who came to fix my internet last night. He stayed a whopping 6 minutes and then scheduled someone else for today. Inconvenience...that's what the cable company is all about.

Or perhaps you can get a good laugh out of the fact that during the last 4 minutes of my lunch break I squeezed my cup too hard and blasted myself with soda so I had to run home really fast and change before I came back in. I don't think a client will feel I'm very professional if I'm covered in food, have swollen feet and smell of Del Taco.

Things just keep coming up... every day. But, I guess that's what adult life is about. I suppose it's very adult for someone to shatter your world and then to write you an email like nothing ever happened. I suppose it's very adult to want to smother the cable guy. I suppose it's very adult to need to pay bills tonight. I guess I was just hoping to spend a week acting like I was 7. I suppose that's the most adult thing of all...wanting to be a kid again.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

When the baby comes, you'll have the best of both worlds. You'll get to act like a kid again while you try to entertain the baby, but at the same time, you'll get the unexpected thrills of adulthood when it comes time to change everybody's clothes because the baby just exploded vomit all over everything in a five foot radius. Or taking a break from playing on the playland at McDonald's to try to do an impromptu sponge bath at the sink because your kid got a head full of ketchup in the ball pit. :) I'm not complaining. Motherhood is a very interesting job.