Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday and Crisis

This holiday season has been an odd one. Between bills piling up and family drama that won't matter in 50 years, there was plenty of stress to be had at our house. There were new jobs starting, old jobs changing and even a little unexpected visiting that clogged up the schedule in an unjoyable but random sort of way.

Then it happened. In a tear filled call, I found out from my mom that she had been in a car accident and while she and her car where unharmed (relatively speaking) the pedestrian she accidently hit (who ran in front of her car in the dark...and was not her fault in ANY way) died. It was two days before Christmas when I found out.

There isn't much you can do from over 100 miles away when tragety hits. I offered to make the trip but she decided against it. She suprised us by forcing herself into the car to drive here on Christmas day to see the baby...and she's been here ever since. Baby therapy... it cures all grandma's broken hearts...at least a little.

And now I'm not so worried about how AT&T messed up my bill or how my car payment made us unreasonably tight... I'm worried about people feeling loved, about family being supportive and available...and about my mommy... because I'm a mommy too now... and I know sometimes love takes you a lot farther than you thought you could go.

1 comment:

Grammi Teri said...

Allie please tell Nana that my thoughts and prayers are with her. Just a very hard thing to get through. Time and love and support (and Laylabug) will really help. She is in a good place to start healing.