Monday, December 15, 2008

Layla's First Apple...and other News Worthy Events

This week Layla ate her first WHOLE apple. Not to say that she ate the whole thing but I gave it to her whole and she ate some of it. Which, is a monument I thought was video worthy for you all to see.

The new job is awesome but I feel like I am constantly slightly behind on things around the house, this is partially because I used to have all day every day to get things done and partially because I am ACTUALLY behind. *sigh* So imagine my suprise and overwhelming excitement when I arrived home from work today and discovered that Mr Mom had cleaned my entire kitchen and picked up the downstairs while the baby was down for her afternoon nap.

Tomorrow Layla stays home in the morning with Miss Erin and then spends the afternoon with Mr Mom (formerly known as the hubby) while I go off to work and it appears that now that we're in week TWO of mommy having a job that's a much less traumatic event. In fact today when she woke up from her nap and I was home...she pretty much could care less. I think she was over it by the time I took all day Saturday and Sunday cuddling her through the worst parts of her rash (which is almost gone now) *thank god*

I found out this week that I'll also have the 26th of December off (I'm taking a floating holiday along with the rest of the new hires at work). We'll all have a FIVE (yes I said 5) day weekend at the end of December followed by a THREE day work week and another FOUR day weekend. I love this job. I'm not just saying that because of the 2 minute commute (walking or driving). I'm not saying it because I'll have TWO health insurance plans which overlap either. I'm saying it because in general it's one of the nicest places I've ever worked (as far as making people feel wanted and important) and that's saying ALOT because I've worked a lot of nice places.

Lot's of CAPS LOCK in this post isn't there? Perhaps I need a few more *sighs* and *thanks gods* thrown in for good measure so I can really make this look like it was writen by a 16 year old girl.

2 comments:

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Listen, I teethed my kids on apples and the LOVE fruit now. Love it better than candy and ice cream. I let my toddler carry a whole apple all day long and now he would prefer an apple over anything.

Krista said...

Hey, congrats on the new job! Sounds like it's going great. And points to the hubby for cleaning up like that!

I'm glad to hear little Miss Layla is feeling better. Have a great Christmas!!