Friday, January 09, 2009

Broken and Perfect

Or perhaps that should be perfect and broken because that's the order I'll be writing about things in...

Item 1- Perfect-

Layla's 15 mo check up was a little late but we did it yesterday. She is PERFECT. She tested like a 2 year old for intellegence, she walks early and well for her age and talks early and well for her age. She has cognitive relay function 6 months early (following directions, putting shapes in sorters, object awareness)

She weighs 22 lbs and they said the scale in same day care must need a revamp. She's 32 inches tall. That puts her in the 43% for weight and 95% for height.

He said to put her in music lessons before she turns two because she's headed down the young and gifted path and music lessons help with comprehension and a bunch of other unrelated things in young kids.

Item 2- Broken

Hi, my name is Allie, I am 29 years old and I am in early menopause. Last night my husband and I had to decide if we were going to fight nature and try to have another baby. We had to decide if the now or never mentality applied to us twice.

In the middle of this emotional blow I took some family news and wanted to beat several people to a pulp. So now I'm working on my anger again... which I think might be a life long battle for me

*sigh*

2 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

well that explains why you're always HOT when there's ice on the ground ;)
joking aside, the M word can take years, many a baby was conceived and born in the M years and I vote "Go for it, see what God plans for you" Another baby, great! An adopted baby, awesome, just one highly gifted baby that's PERFECT, count your blessings and be thankful, after all, we thought we'd never get her here... but God, well He had other plans didn't he?
An upside of early M? You betcha, estrogen will do wonders for your skin, you'll never look your age... no more visits from Aunt Flo and once M is over, no more PMS ever, no mood swings and hot flashes and man, I never looked back... Rememeber, God gave me the one perfect daughter and I am still forever thankful...

Candace said...

Congrats on the good doctor visit for Layla! That is awesome.

That is rough about early menopause. I agree with Nana just let nature take its course and see what happens. Of course if I could just talk my hubby into doing that I would be happy lol.