Sunday, January 18, 2009

This Week

This week I learned a lot about patience, I learned that a random act of kindness tends to force other people to do random acts of kindness and I learned what the difference between Alzhiemer's and Frontal Lobe Dementia is. It's been a busy week.

This week Layla learned how to drink from a straw, how to give herself a yogurt facial, how to say puzzle perfectly, and how to eject a DVD. It's been a busy week for her too.

This week bills got paid, the husband took a few extra shifts and the baby sitter (who should come with a hero cape and tights) worked over time and extra days to help us get back on track without even batting an eye.

This week I won three games of backgammon, but last night I lost three in a row making me behind at the end of this week. This week I only read three books. This week Jon never got around to washing the towels because he had better things to do.

This week I prayed harder than I have in awhile. This week I took a blood test, which is starting to be a statement in my life that fills me with dread. This week my anxiety is very high, my ability to go to bed at a reasonable hour is very low and my belief than Jenny Meghan can do this is very real.

This week I know that next year August will start off a holiday season that goes straight through till December because there will be so many birth days, birthdays and anniversaries before October that we'll be lucky if we just don't nap on Halloween to catch up on much needed sleep.

This week I learned that real friends will text message you on your break at work to make you laugh. I learned that getting a text that says "drop every thing and breed" isn't funny if you don't know why the person next to you is getting it. I learned that explaining it is more funny than actually recieving it.

This week I learned that emo bitter friendship is pure in it's love. This week I learned you can't buy happiness but you can buy yourself a few seconds peace of mind. This week I learned that my kid really likes Costco frozen dinosaur shaped chicken products. This week I learned I didn't care that my kids chicken is shaped like a T-Rex.

This week I learned that my god son wants his middle name to be "wowie". I also learned that in the end your parents will always show up and know what not to say. I also learned that if someone isn't your parent they will probably check off everything on the "what not to say" list before the end of the conversation.

This week I learned that I am still learning. This week I reminded myself daily that there is always hope. This week... I bleed because I am human.

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. ~~Deuteronomy 4:29

No comments: