Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Harvest

Unrelated to work news (which seems to be all I write about these days)... I am starting a fertility based prescription. Just being I know all the fertility issue lovers that read here like to keep themselves in the know.

I had a dream last night that a Pastor at my church adopted a second baby. I don't even know if they are trying to adopt a second baby but it made me think a lot about adoption today in my down time at work. I keep thinking about all the people losing jobs and losing homes and how some of those people might be losing kids. It breaks my heart.

Some idiot killed his entire family last week because he thought they were better off dead during the economic downturn. Don't people like that know that right in the town they live in at least 30% of the couples trying to conceive are having issues and praying for a baby just like one of his FIVE that he killed. Makes me sad, angry and just a little bit inclined to pull out a soap box to preach from.

The thing is, if I was going to adopt a baby, I'd be more likely to do it right now while money is tight. Maybe it's the Christian in my clinging to the "god will find a way" mentality. Or maybe it's the country girl in me thinking "take care of those who need help". But probably it's just the hippy in me that wants to live in a commune with little to know stuff and spend all my time growing babies and tiny carrotts (why are home grown carrotts so small?).

2 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

You're an excellent mommy and any child would be blessed to live with you and Jon and Layla...

Meredith said...

I know the fertility thing is long, complex and arduous. I pray for the best for you and your family.

We used Clomid when conceiving our daughter, who was born in June 08. We obviously had success with that drug after about 6 months. It was a drug that aids in ovulation. Similar for you?