Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Day as Mom

Yesterday Jon and I went to see Iron Man 2 and then out for an adult beverage with friends. I was pretty tired by the end of the day. I couldn't sleep though, it wasn't that kind of tired. Right about the time I got "I could go to sleep" sleepy Anyah woke up and wanted to eat...and then my night got really really really long.


We (I mean Anyah and I) spent all night up and dealing with newborn gas and spit up. She finally went to sleep at 5 a.m. which means that of course Layla woke up before 7 a.m. Jon was nice enough to usher her downstairs and take care of her until Anyah and I drug ourselves out of bed.

It was then that I learned Jon is sick. He napped off and on all day. Layla was distracted with TV and snack foods. There was a late lunch, then nap time while I quickly called my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day only to have the baby puke on me during the call.

Nap time became dinner time (also late) and then bath time (also late) and then bedtime for the toddler (also late). It's now 10 pm and I still have spit up on the pajamas I've been wearing since yesterday.

It's just another day. It's Mother's Day...and I spent it being a mom...an honor I love... and I don't need a Hallmark card to appreciate it.

No comments: