Saturday, May 22, 2010

Road Trip!


So originally I thought I would want to take Layla to the Monterey Bay Aquarium while I was out on maternity leave. Then, I remembered she was 2 and I just had a baby....so um...yeah we canceled that.
This morning Jon and I decided to take a little road trip to Monterey anyhow. We didn't do the aquarium but we did take both the girls and we had a lovely time being blown about by the wind, eating at Bubba Gumps, walking long distances, playing in sand (Layla), and riding around in a sling while people made comments about how it (Anyah).
It was good times.
On the way up we stopped at Casa de Fruta for a diaper change, leg stretch and snack shuffle. While we were there I knew I wanted to let Layla ride the merry-go-round and choo choo train. Layla is obsessed with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Train episode.
She was all cool about riding the train. She didn't talk about it much. There were one or two "all aboards" and some "choo choo's" and maybe a "woo hoo" for the tunnel. This was the picture of her I took on the train mid ride.
But THEN we got in the car and the entire trip to and from the ocean was ALL talking about the choo choo train. So much choo choo train talk happened that we skipped Casa de Fruta on the way home and stopped in Santa Nella because I wasn't sure we'd be able to get Layla off a second train ride. Best $6.00 I ever spent.
I especially liked the part at Bubba Gumps when Layla cried because there was no choo choo at the ocean. Because the ocean is cool yo...but that crappy little choo choo train... it rocked her planet!

No comments: