Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Summer Evening

This summer I made a list of things I wanted to do with Layla since I would be home on maternity leave after having Anyah and it seemed like a good summer to make some milestones. Last night we took another item off the list (we changed it a little) the original read "Eat Smores and play in the sprinkler until the sun goes down" but last night we had BBQ and then Layla played in her kiddie pool for the first time this summer and at bedtime I made her a Smore.



Her first Smore was a big success although eventually she had Nannie disassemble it so that she could just eat the chocolate parts.

But that first bite was both "yummy" and "delicious" (or at least that's what I was told)


She probably didn't want the whole thing since she had hotdogs, corn on the cob, cheese and apple juice for dinner. (I still can't get her to eat watermelon)




Her toes are still painted from when we took that off the list last week...we did some touch up painting yesterday though. She was so excited about putting water in the pool she got in with her sandals on.

But, there is no doubt she loved the pool again this summer and now I will be spending a lot of time getting burnt in the back patio.... good times.

No comments: