So I have been thinking of a few things I'd like to do during that "bonding time" other than sitting around the house getting to know each other. With Jon's flexible scheduling at work we often have time midweek to throw something in. If we can afford it (which is a big if right now when I don't know how much my compensation will be while we're out) these are some things I've been thinking about doing.
- I would like to take Layla to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and to check out the tide pools in that area.
- I would like to check out the Chaffee Zoo again in Fresno now that my girly is a little older
- My mom has expressed interest several times in taking Layla to Golden Gate Park and the Exploratorium
- Go to the Patterson Apricot Fiesta in June
- Attend the Stanislaus County Fair in July and see the Beach Boys
- Take a road trip to someplace like Columbia or Sonora or Old Town Sacramento
- Attend a Renaissance Faire (although this might not happen until Sept when Pleasure Faire happens at Casa de Fruta)
Some more local and small scale things I am looking forward to include...
- Toddler Story time at the local library once I can drive again
- The return of the Downtown Turlock Farmer's Market in May
- Being able to go to the park and actually keep up with my toddler because I am no longer very pregnant
- Taking Layla to a place where she can paint pottery
- Swimming Lessons at the local city pool
Most if not all of the things on this list I am looking forward to doing with both my girls (maybe not the swimming lessons) because I think it will be good for Layla to see that you can still do a million fun things while sharing Mommy with your sister.
Any ideas for other things I could try in the area?