Friday, November 03, 2006

FF

So it's time for Frankly Friday which is the point in the week where I acknowledge a great thing and a crappy thing from the week before as well as something I learned this week. It's a good way to keep the work week in perspective before moving on to the fun filled weekend.

Frankly Friday Fab- My friend JMH came by to visit last night while I was watching my nephew. Although we haven't hung out in awhile we immediately fell right back to the way things used to be. We laughed, we mourned, and we giggled. I love being able to tell a story and have someone cover their face with glee or remembering something from "back in the day" and having someone do the "no no no" handwaive because they want to cut in with another detail you forgot. Mainly, I love knowing that JMH is back. I missed her.

Frankly Friday Flop- So about two weeks ago my MAC mascara went missing. It was missing for six long makeupless days. Six. Then I found the cat playing with it on the floor in the kitchen. A floor I had just mopped by the way so she brought it there from somewhere else. Well, it's been three days since I lost it again. Sigh. I so miss having on makeup. But we're broke so I'll have to be half done for awhile.

Frankly Friday Fact- Some people will never stop judging you. That doesn' t mean that you can't still love them. It doesn't mean that trusting them was a bad choice. It does mean that occassionally you are going to want to hit them with your car. Don't do that. It's a felony.

How about you do you have a Fab, Flop or Fact?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Funny, my husband and I talked about hitting someone with our car today. Angry bike man. He's a local legend, pretty much completely insane. He rides his bike around town all year long, rain, sun, snow. Doesn't matter. He's out there. Every once in a while, he'll get off of his bike and walk beside it, yelling at the top of his lungs, lifting and then slamming his bike down on the ground, kicking the tires, etc. He does this in traffic, so we always have to be on the lookout.

Today I commented that it's a wonder he hasn't gotten hit by a car yet. Then husband and I declared that if we were to hit him, we'd better hit him really hard so we won't have to talk to him while we're waiting for the ambulance/cops to show up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I couldn't find a way to email you privatly, so I hope this is OK.
Fostering rules differ from state to state. I'm in GA. you go thru a back ground ck, finger print, that kind of thing, and here you go to a 8 week class, (once a week for 3 hours) complete your info packet,have a social worker come to your house make sure you don't have 30 cats & 40 dogs living in side, kind of thing. and BINGO your in. We have not had one "stick" yet. I do know what you mean tho. We really didn't get into fostering to adopt, but you never know what God is going to send your way. our girls are 24,20,& 17, and we have a 1 yr old grandson. But we have a little guy in our house now I'm afraid we're falling for. So who knows. Around here, it doesn't take long to get that newborn or 1 yr old that most people are looking for. and frankly if you are already foster parents and decide to adopt that come "available" it doen'st cost you anything. and let me tell you, 17 yrs ago we did do a private adoption, and that wasn't cheap, I tell her now, they can say there's no child buying going on, but that's a lie! I GOT RECEIPTS!
To me, if we were a young couple looking to start a family thru adoption, this is the only way to go. Don't think you'll have to wait yrs for that newborn or toddler, you wont.There is blood,sweat and alot of tears. But it's worth it. It doesn't cost anything to look into it in your state and you can say, "NO THANK YOU" at any time.if you have any more questions, my email is: ddashby16@hotmail.com, I'll be happy to answer any questions.