Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Post Blogger Ate

So I usually know that Christmas is right around the corner when I start seeing ads for toys during late night television. I usually know I'm about to loose half the contents of my wallet when I start seeing Christmas decoration aisles in my favorite department stores. But I really know that the world is in for it when I put in a CD of Christmas carols on the first day of November.

Christmas Carols are one of my guilty pleasures. I won't watch a Christmas movie until after Thanksgiving and I would never put up a decorations or send out a card before I had my last Turkey sandwich but I keep my Chritsmas carol CDs close to the top of the stack all year round.

Nothing reminds me that the world is a joyful place full of love, hope and salvation than hearing a good old fashioned jingle about a manger or chris kringle. And of all the things I love the best thing about Christmas carols is the fact that every one knows all the words...almost... and what we don't know we make up as we go and no one judges that. No one judges if you're off key, out of tune or too loud...because what we lose in skill we can make up for with acting out the words, dancing in our seats or making silly sound effects between choruses.

So if you pass a crazy red head in a car playing jingle bells tomorrow. Don't bother honking to tell me I'm #1 just sing along. Because I can't hear you anyhow... O Holy Night is too loud.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Heck, yeah, Allie. I'm all about the Christmas carols. My current favorite is Christmas with the Rat Pack.

A said...

I LOVE that one. My favorite is a mix CD I made a few years back. I love the song Baby It's Cold Outside. So I have 3 versions of that on one CD.