Friday, November 10, 2006

FF

So it's time for Frankly Friday which is the point in the week where I acknowledge a great thing and a crappy thing from the week before as well as something I learned this week. It's a good way to keep the work week in perspective before moving on to the fun filled weekend.

Frankly Friday Fab- This week I got to see a few people I haven't seen in awhile. Like my father and one of my closest girlfriends. Both meetings were awesome and I'm still raving about them today.

Frankly Friday Flop- Today is my Employee Appreciation Dinner at work. An event that I run, which I am never recognised at, and which eats up a ton of my time and energy so that other people can be rewarded for just showing up. Sigh.

Frankly Friday Fact- Christmas makes me horny. I think it's all the happy thoughts and romantic carols. I don't know.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Our employee appreciation lunches usually consist of a pile of pizza boxes from the joint across the street. We each file into a little conference room, and buffet-style, load up our paper plates, and either go back to our cubicles to eat or, if we're feeling sociable, the big breakroom to complain about the cold pizza.

If it's any consolation at all, I bet your dinner will turn out to be a little more appreciated. Hopefully. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

So you host an appreciation dinner Where you aren't acknowledged? Lovely! Go management! I love meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a while.

(here via the randomizer and love this idea and may end up stealing it)