Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturday Morning Sleepin' In

It's been a long long LONG Loooonnnnggg time since I've been able to sleep in on a Saturday. I think the last time was about mid-August. Yep. That's too long. I agree. Last night was work's company appreciation dinner & we got home around 10. Now I'd like to say that at that point the night took an exciting turn but it would be more honest to say that at that point I stripped naked, brushed my teeth and went straight to bed while the hubby played a video game because he said his "brain was mush". We're exciting. You don't have to be jealous it's ok.

This morning I woke up around 9:30 which for me is like sleeping in till noon. I would have made it past that but at some point the cat decided that due to the rain hitting the window sile she'd rather drive me crazy by using me as a source of heat. We got up. The cat and I. We watched bad cable and waited for the hubby to wake up so I could make some eggs and bacon.

That was the most planned part of my day. I've watched some bad cable. Some old favorite movies and managed to do one load of dishes. I don't know why I call them loads...we do them by hand. But anyhow... The hubby did the laundry and we proceeded to do nothing...and a lot of it. We thought we were going to babysit but that didn't pan out. Neither did a board game with the in-laws. Jon fixed someone's car for them. We ate junk food. We played chess. It rained. Soft quiet rain. My favorite kind. We kept the heater on. And our brain was mush.

1 comment:

Mountaingirl said...

Aaaahhhh... I remember those days. Back before dear hubby and I had two high octane boys running laps around the house starting at about 7 am.

I used to love those days when we didn't do one productive thing all day. Just sat around. We'd read a while and then watch an old movie on tv then nap then eat..blah..blah

There is nothing better than a 'do nothing' day every now and then.