Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sugar & Spice & Not so Nice?

So how do you nicely tell someone that they've betrayed your trust and that you have no intention of ever letting them that close again without sounding like you are starting drama? I don't know. But I'm probably going to find out before Christmas. Tis the season to love thy neighbor and then mutter about them as you walk away. Sigh. I remember when I was nice and you were nice and there were nice shows on tv and we all liked a nice little lunch mid day. But now? Now will live in a dis-satisfied culture. Every show we watch and every thing we hear tells us to want. To need. Oh for it only to be enough- then and only then would we realize that there is no such thing as reaching enough. Enough is something you already have, you have it a thousand times fold and you're out looking for it. But alas, like the ruby slippers, enough's magic will only bring you home if you realize that's where you need to be.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hmmm. Oh geez, Allie. I've done this nicely, but mostly not very nicely at all. The nice approach: Once in a while, we have to make decisions in our lives about healthy and unhealthy relationships. I feel that we have an unhealthy relationship, and it's not good for you to be in my life on a personal level. Let's just go our separate ways now.

The not-so-nice approach: Okay. Time's up. I don't want you in my life anymore. You're not good for me. Please leave my apartment now. Yes. Seriously. Bub-bye.