Friday, November 24, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree...la da ta da ta da la

Ok so I don't know the words to the song but I do have my very own 7 foot tall Noble Fir Tree. Thanks to the lovely folks at Home Depot it was less that $40.00 and although it is currently in the stand slightly crooked I think it has plenty of character and all the ornaments necessary to bring the Christmas season in with a smashing start.

This morning was a blast. I got up around 7 and went Christmas shopping with my sister-in-law (SIL) and my friend G. G being the great guy he is spent most of the day trailing us through the mall and he took it like a champ. We also too my nephew also known as the cutest boy on the planet who proceeded to fall asleep in my arms and I ended up carrying him around like a sack of potatos for at least an hour. Needless to say I did not feel guilty about the pot stickers I got with my Panda Express Chinese Food because I had earned it.

I got a few stocking stuffers for the hubby but I have to honestly admit that I'm mostly done with my shopping. I'll still be filing a few shoe boxes with toys for the drive at the church but other than that... I don't forsee myself in the mall again this season.

We're getting decorated nice and early this year for a couple reasons. It's our first christmas together as a married couple and we're sappy and cute and we like it that way. We're having a party here on the 16th and we want to make sure we're not rushing things at the last minute (I'll tell you about that another day). Also the landlord is coming by later this week and we don't want him to come over to find the house a mess with partial christmas decorations.

Having said that... it's been a really long day so I'm going to go eat some pasta from a box and watch Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. Deck the halls with boughs of holly Fa la la la la la la la laaaaa

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Congrats for braving the mall on Black Friday. I think you're a little crazy, though, for doing it.