Wednesday, November 08, 2006

MVC Women's Book Club

Last night was the second meeting of our church's women's book club. We talked about the JP Moreland book, Love God with All Your Mind. Most people seemed to find the book rather difficult. Apparently everyone felt obligated to finish the book being as they knew a group of women would be talking about it. So that part was good right? The next book is called Knowing God. It's one of those religious book classics and one or two of us have read it before. But... I'm still looking forward to it. Ok so maybe more of what I look forward to is giving a bunch of housewives and mommies a place to go to have an adult conversation, hot coffee and debate.

We met at my house this last time. I don't know if we are going to meet at my house again or at someone else's but either way you are invited if you'd like to come. The next meeting is December 5th. Just let me know!

1 comment:

Mountaingirl said...

I just happened across your blog. I have really enjoyed your entries.

I loved your testimony. What a great idea to put it out there in blogger-world.

I joined a book club with some ladies in my community. I'll have to check out the books that you are using. Sounds interesting.