Friday, May 11, 2007

Anger Management

So the meeting at work yesterday solved pretty much nothing. My boss's boss was his usual unhelpful self saying things like "an admin's job is to serve" and "it's not fair, I don't have to be fair it's my company". For the most part, I knew that would happen. There were some vague threats and he justified everything he did with the nicest versions of 'your opinion doesn't matter here' I've ever heard. Then he left. He felt very validated and I felt like I'd just had a long talk with a three year old about global warning.

Then my boss took over and gave me my review, which was good... a raise, which was better and a couple comments that made me feel like maybe my job isn't just another version of a Drew Cary sitcom. All in all, I'm staying... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm too pregnant to really care about their opinion and as long as I'm doing a good job I don't feel guilty about taking their money.

I suppose it could have been worse. I could have quit, or better yet I could have told them exactly what I think of the way the CEO talks about his "company values". How does it add value to a person to tell them they are there to serve?

Yea I don't have an answer for that one either. Thank God my boss is a good guy.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yay for more money to put up with bosses' crap! And, don't underestimate the benefit of Health Insurance.

Girly, you will thank your stars after Sprout is home, all swaddled up ~ and your luxuriating in his/her new babydom....

Then a couple of weeks later, you'll get The Bill. You know the one..... for more money than you paid for your car. Yeah, that's the one! First, you'll panic... And then, you'll sigh, relieved. Ahhh. "I have COVERAGE, beotches!!!"

Just remember.... work is SUPPOSED to suck.... otherwise it would be called VACATION! :)
MUAH!

~Christine

Eden said...

glad sprout is doing well....(previous comment post) When does scrapbooking start again?