Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Remember

When I first started blogging, two blogs ago, I used to write about being stalked by God. God found me everywhere. He was the man in line at the store who told me about a small miracle in his life. He was in the woman at the Walmart who gave me a bible to take home. He was in the children across the hall that lead me back to church. He was mostly in the love of others. His love was ample and it was provided by actions of peopl the who probably thought it was no big deal to hold open my door.

The love I experienced lead me to new thinking. I would pay for someone else at the drive thru window and tell the cashier to tell them Jesus loved them. I would volunteer my time. I was more than willing to share my love. But like most things, I got tired.

Love was brilliant and bright when I first found him. Love could guide me like a light at the end of a tunnel. I could reflect that light on others and they would bask in it and I would feel inspired to love even greater.

But, at some point church turned into people who were busy. At some point reflecting the light became about trying to get out of the line of fire as fast as possible. At some point I became ashamed of wanting to talk about what I felt was right. I became embarrassed by my inability to love people enough.

Enough is a word created by the devil. There is no action too small that it can not be enough. I remember that now as I read about someone else's God Stalking.

I will not be commenting on her blog but I will be using it to remember. To remember that someone is watching the little things. I will use it...

I remember

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that too, this morning, and I was more profoundly affected by the comments than I was the post. The post was right on, and I pray that she gets back to the relationship she needs (not the church or the religion as too many people think are the keys) My heart breaks for so many who think that it is enough to just be good and that if they get their baby baptized, their salvation is secure.

Am I just another judgmental Christian?