Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Itty Bitty Little Socks

Oh dear lord, it has started. I spent $60 this week at the baby consignment shop on itty bitty little pink sleepers and teeny tiny little socks. I am twenty weeks pregnant and I have lost my will power.

On the upside, I got a changing table at a yardsale for $3.00. That was a nice perk. Jon will have paint it chocolate brown to go with the new baby bedding which I plan on purchasing when I get paid at the end of the week.

We also finally finished the last of our baby registry at Target. We only needed to register for 60 items some of which are clothing. I don't think that's too bad considering it's our first child.

I also have a lucky baby sling that I want to order this week... it's adorable. It is very similar to the peanut sling a friend of mine ordered for me already but I know they'll get lots of use so I am not worried about it.

See the thing is, it was really easy to convince myself that an unknown gender sprout didn't need me to impulse shop for it. But now that it's a girl for sure and I can feel it moving there seems something more urgent about nesting... much more urgent...

an urgent need for little tiny socks...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very cute choices. I approve. Enjoy the flurry! I loved shopping for Ben. If my little peanut is a girl, I'll get the joy of shopping again. If this is a little boy in my belly, he'll have to live on the hand-me-downs and like it. Although we still shop for Ben, it's just not the same when you're buying clothes for a toddler. At this point, he wears the miniature version of what his dad wears. Less "baby" and more "boy."