Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nesting Is Expensive

So since the nine page list I made of things that need to be done before the baby came, there has been a ton of shopping going on at our little house. Baby safety locks, child outlet covers, behind the toilet cabinets, washer hoses, and a thousand little things I can't remember have all been purchased and installed.

Also purchased and scheduled to arrive today... a glass computer desk for the hubby's new office at the back of the house. And arriving next week... the new couch (complete with reclining seats). Add that to the piles of little baby clothing, changing tables, baby bedding, and other little Layla items... it's getting a little messy at our house.

My mom is talking about getting me the chair that matches my couch so I have stopped worrying about that. Instead, Jon and I will be working on our next big purchase, otherwise known as the baby dresser. This is the least urgent of the purchases we've made recently. Mainly, because the baby has her own closet with a shelf I can stack things on and hang things from.

Today I get to make a trip to the hardware store where I will be getting assorted crib paints, wall paints and even some fire detectors (because we don't have those). Jon's going to be a busy busy guy.

I bet nesting becomes his least favorite word.

No comments: