Monday, May 21, 2007

Nine Pages Later

So last night I was talking to my hubby about the fact that in the second trimester (for me anyhow) the desire to nest is incredibly strong and so I feel like a complete failure because I can't do anything...for multiple reasons (I'm high risk, our room mate still lives in one of the rooms we'll need, I can't make noise if someone else is sleeping) and it's driving me to a stress induced form of C-R-A-Z-Y!! (yes, just like that with all capital letters and lots of pausing)

So he comes up with this brilliant solution to make a list of all the things that need to be done and then to do one room a week until they are all done (8-9 weeks from now ...more or less depending on upcoming weddings and babies and what not). Great idea, right?

So I start making lists...one list per room. Nine full pages of writing later I am more stressed out now then I was before I had lists. He's all sorts of motivated and I am now more inclined than ever to lay around in the fetal position.

I couldn't sleep last night. I kept thinking of the 9 pages that don't include any living, eating, drinking or sleeping. Nine pages seems like a lot to me. Lot's of time, lot's of money and lot's of trying to stay motivated.

Maybe my second wind will kick in Wednesday at 2 when we find out what we're having.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I thought I was a planner! don't stress out... just get what has to get done done as you can, and God will give you a peace about the rest. Trust me, with 3 kids, I have to do that every day!