Friday, June 13, 2008

Blue Skies... a... damn it...

So I talked to someone at the EDD finally and was assured my check would go out at the end of the day today. That in fact, I had done everything already. Phew. But I don't trust them now.

So I get the baby in the car and drive by Jon's work to give him an update and borrow his ATM card because I accidently washed mine in my jeans and I'm not sure it will work. I go to the grocery store and when I get home a back breaks shattering a $12 bottle of olive oil on the garage floor.

Thanks. I muttered.

Then I get inside and while I try to feed the screaming baby I get an unknown call. Mystery EDD interviewer #2 informs me his system is down but it told him to call me between 1 and 3. Great. So I don't know if something else happened to my claim or not and neither does he but he says he'll call me back if the computer comes up.

And when he does... he asks me the same damn questions because he has no idea what I'm talking about. So I call the supervisor again because really people... I'm unemployed, my kid is screaming and I have nothing left to lose.

This time she gives me a check number and amount.

I better get a dang check... otherwise I'm going to call every 5 minutes on Monday until someone actually helps me get my money which I earned and I paid into.

Jerks.

Oh and in case you were wondering, I had a small kitchen fire, I fell down in the front yard, I got stood up by a family member and I had this EDD mess today.

I hate rollercoasters.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sit on the couch with your malibu pepsi and do not get up! Don't risk a serious injury or damage.

Lynn said...

You forgot the weekends surprises.