Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June

They told me yesterday that it takes 7-10 days to process a Unemployment Claim in the state of CA. I resisted the urge to point out that they've had my claim since Friday so I should be done by Monday at the latest. Instead each morning after the new stuff posts at 6 am I'll be calling and if by Friday I don't see any action on the automated line I'll be pressing 0 and waiting as long as it takes to get a human.

I don't trust them. It's not them, it's me. Really it is. I NEED things, rent things, bill things, food things, baby things. But the main thing I need is a check that proves that this whole fighting my claim thing really is over. What I didn't tell you that story... well... let's start a week ago.

I get a letter saying I have a EDD phone interview on the 10th. No big deal, everyone gets one of those. So I say a little prayer and mark it on the calendar. On the 8th I send in my first claim form (as requested by the EDD) and on the 9th I get a letter **which btw said it was sent on the 9th...tricky bastards** saying I had a phone interview on the 13th. Of course I get this letter too late to call the EDD who closes at 5 pm.

So the next morning at 8 am I call to see which interview I've really got. I get put on hold and then someone tells me that they will call me back in just a minute they are having a computer problem. At 10 am (my interview time from the first letter) I get a no call... 10:45 the phone finally rings and the girl tells me she'll merge both interviews into one. Cool.

Turns out my old work was being wankers and said I worked there until the 21st but I didn't work there. Yeah, the jerks paid me under a different business name so they tried to contest on the grounds that I wasn't an employee of that specific company. A*holes. But after hearing my story she tells me I'm eligible *mainly because I documented things well* and that I will get a check when it processes 10 days after they get my claim form.

But you should already have my claim form? So I ask about it. Oh yes it's here, looks great 10 days.

Wonderful...

More waiting.

In the meantime it's a busy week. Yesterday I had an interview & test in the evening for a city job. Today I had a list of 11 errands and to-do items to get done. Tomorrow I have a baby nutrition class. Friday my mom is coming to visit. She's spending one night, maybe 2... Saturday we'll be going to yard sales and visiting family friends. Sunday is of course Father's Day and there are lots of those within driving range. Monday is my Mom2 (mother-in-law's) birthday. Tuesday our cousin is coming to stay with us for several days. One of those day's is Jon's friends birthday and they're having a BBQ. And next Friday my GF from WA is flying down for a visit... so I'm going to consider myself booked all weekend. The next weekend is our multi-family yardsale.

I love June. It's so much less busy and stressful than May.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Yep, hoping to be there with bells on!