Monday, June 30, 2008

3 MIME's...help yourself if you need a writing prompt

I get tagged for writing prompts all the time, in email and in blogs. I've gotten 3 this week. So I'm going to do my best to do all 3 today while the baby is taking a mysterious 3rd nap of the day...

AROUND HERE
This writing prompt is to list 10 things starting with around here that are true about your house...
1. Around here people bounce when you prompt them too unless the camera comes out. Even the adults.
2. Around here if you are crawling "Bup Bup" will usually get you picked up and if that doesn't work you just repeatedly head butt someones leg until they notice you.
3. Around here ducks spit, which leads to screaming "guck guck" in the bathtub and giggling and splashing... unless it squirts in your eye...in which case you just throw it at mommy.
4. Around here people don't eat leftovers, unless Jon's mom sends them over in a giant yellow bowl.
5. Around here having a house that looks lived in means letting the baby destroy the Sunday paper when you are done with it.
6. Around here the statement "I've had a bad day" means someone will either be pushing buttons on a control or a cell phone within the hour.
7. Around here if the house phone rings it's either my mother or a telemarketer.
8. Around here sometimes you find a cheerio in a place you know a child has never been.
9. Around here the family recipes are secret which means we tell them to everyone but each other.
10. Around here something is always moving.
TODAY
This writing prompt is for you to list three things about your day today and explain why they are randomly important.
1. Today I didn't get ready for a yardsale, worry about not having a job and getting UI checks, and I didn't have to call someone while minutes weren't free on my cell phone because for the first time in a few weeks now...today there wasn't anything to worry about and I got to enjoy just one day.
2. Today the baby got up at 7, took a nap at 7:30 for 2 hours then took another two hour nap at 11 and went down for another nap at 4 which she is still taking now... this is important because she is either cutting molars or growing, both of which are big deals...and it's shocking because she got up at 5:30 the three days prior to this one.
3. Today I took a shower and then put on another pair of pjs... not because I was depressed but because I was happy and content with no where to go.
Senses Questions
This one asks you to answer the following 4 questions...
1. What is your favorite smell?
Cooking food, usually chocolate or something that reminds me of my childhood.
2. What is your favorite feeling?
Warm water with bubbles
3. What is your favorite sound?
My daughters laughter
4. What is your favorite sight?
When my husband looks at me like he really loves me.

No comments: