Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Peas...3 days old

Of course my child who never picks up anything and puts it into her mouth decided to use her new pincher grasp today to pick up a pea that somehow got missed a few days ago and put it in her mouth and try to eat it. I guess you can't die from a dehydrated pea but gosh it was gross.

Then my landlord who is part of Satan's Pit Crew lately came and decided to put some new posts in the front yard, of course, it was during nap time. So nap time was late due to laying on the ground and crying in frustration while the pounding just wouldn't stop.

On the upside Layla's cold seems much better today and her Godmom is coming to spend a few nights with us...so she's all dressed up and waiting for the arrival of hugs and kisses.

This week is busy. We'll have company, a BBQ Birthday Bash, and dinner with my father in law all before Saturday. And next week, well that prep for our yard sale that must get done before the 28th when frugal shoppers invade our driveway at 7 am.

So while I'm nice and busy I'm going to recommed two new blogs to you...

The first one is my sister in law Mel's first attempt at blogging called The Jeffery's in WA. It is aptly named being as they just moved to Washington last month. So far she's only a few posts in but I'm excited because it is after all... a great way to see pictures of my neice.

The second one is my friend Pheonix's Momma who has a blog called Life and Times of a Displaced Californian which is all about her life in WA with her two year old just starting the terrible two's. She getting better about posting often so I'm supper excited about that. She's one of those girlfriends who in the middle of a story isn't scared to say "hey that would make a great blog or title" which means as soon as she gets in the swing of posting her blog will be a lot of fun.

And just because not everyone I know in real life lives in Washington I'm also going to recommend Practicing Patience and introduce you all to my friend Courtney. Courtney is a great cook so soon she'll be a contributor over on my food blog Fat Girl Eats but until then you can get your Courtney fix on her site.

I was going to link you to a couple more in real life friends and their blogs but when I took a look at them I realized they don't post often or they don't post anything other than junk (you know email's and MIME's) so this is the best I can do.

Enjoy... and I'll talk to you all later this week if I have time!

No comments: