Monday, June 30, 2008

Yard Sales and Sleep Overs

Friday my sister in law came over and spent part of the day helping get set up for the yardsale and Friday night my husband and I drove around putting up yardsale signs. My mom had to bail at the last minute on helping us watch the kids so I came home and prepped for a day of yardsaling in 100 degree heat while holding a 20 pound wiggle worm and went to bed. We were up by 5:30 Saturday morning and by 7 am my driveway was swarming with toddlers, shoppers and stuff for sale. My husband and mother-in-law alternated coming outside and playing with the kids inside until it got hot, then they moved to inside. My sister-in-law and I sat outside in 100 degree heat making dollars at a time. All in all it was a good sale. The other people made about $200 combined and I made $250.00 mostly by selling the little stuff. There is still a pile of free furniture at the end of my driveway that no one has taken away. I called salvation army this morning, they'll come get it later this week if no one else does.

After the yardsale my sister-in-law, mother-in-law and neice went to a swim party and while they were gone I did my best to pick up my thrashed house, catch up my emails and shower. My husband left for work, I put the baby down for another nap and then my neice was back for her 2nd sleep over here. The first time she didn't do very well. It scared her. This time...she was perfect.

The girls played for awhile, we ate dinner, and my daughter took up her hero worship role...chasing her cousin around, laughing constantly and whipping herself in circles trying to keep eye contact on a VERY active toddler. It was cute to watch and I got a few videos. Nevaeh was a good sport, stopping occassionally to love on her, dance next to her or try to feed her a raisin.

At one point I looked over to see Nevaeh grunting, squating in a corner and I thought "oh no" because there were little black things all over the floor... turns out she had hidden a second raisin box and was trying to open it herself. Phew!

Later she told me she was "poo poo" and when she wasn't I got the bright idea to sit her on a toilet, I read 3 pages of a book before she was a big girl on the potty. We danced and had a teaspoon of ice cream (mental note to self, get M&Ms). Later she went pee in the potty too, that time I think she forced herself to get another teaspoon of ice cream.

There was no crying and she didn't even ask about Mommy until after I put my daughter to bed (who by the way went down easy and slept hard from all that worshiping). Then the conversation went like this....

Toddler: Mommy?
Me: Mommy went bye bye you're going to sleep in Layla's room tonight.
Toddler: Layla sleeping in DaddyUncleJons Room Shhh...
Me: Yes she is.
Toddler: UncaJon Vorking Outside
Me: Yes he'll be here in the morning.
Toddler: Mommy a bye bye ok

Then she rushed back to playing. She took a quick bath, then we put some aloe on her sunburn. And I gave her a milk bottle while she watched me do dishes. Then I said it was time for bed. She ran to Layla's room, crawled into her crib by herself and started asking me for stuffed animals she could see in the room. Six stuffed animals later I cut her off and said goodnight and left the room. I went back 20 minutes later because I thought she might be playing or have gotten out of the crib. It was too quiet. Turns out she was just sleeping. Silly me.

The next morning was also uneventful, although she did get up super early because my child has taken to getting up at 5:30 the last couple days. So we took an early nap. But not, of course, before she woke up Uncle Jon on his day off. She's a funny kid.

My sister in law picked her up after church and then after my daughter took a nap we went to spend some of our loot. We're a boring sort, we got groceries, some clothing for a wedding and um... yea I think that was it. But, it was totally worth it to get part of my storage shed back!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You totally forgot the part about Nevaeh's sparkly clean Purell feet.