Sunday, June 15, 2008

Now we call him Papa Glen


I know my dad's going to be a great grandfather. I know this because I had him around my entire life and for the most part, I enjoyed every minute with him. You see, it's not hard to be a daddy's girl when your daddy is always willing to do what it takes to make you laugh. It's not hard to be a daddy's girl when your daddy will almost always make time for a game of cards, or backgammon, or to take you to the store for a pack of watermelon bubbly yum and a pepsi.
My dad was always honest with me. When I asked a question I always got the truth. Because of that I learned early not to fear emotion but to embrace it. He was the kind of guy who was happy when he was happy, sad when he was sad, and pissed when he heard you back talk. You always knew what you were getting with my dad and you knew if he was disappointed he still loved you.
My dad treats his friends with the biggest love I've ever seen. He befriends every stray that needs someone to listen to them and the people he's known since childhood still stop by to say hi. That's because he's the kind of guy you love to be around.
Even when the chips are down or the stakes are high, my daddy is like having an ace in the hole.
So now we call him Papa Glen. My daughter can already say PaPa. I can't blame her. I'm pretty in love with him too.

Happy father's day Daddy!

1 comment:

Glen said...

I love you to hun. Thank you and thank you. We celebrate fathers day, because of daughter's like you! I was blessed to have you. Love you, Daddy