Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Homecation

I'm too poor to go on a vacation so I declared last Friday through today to be my HOMEcation. During my Homecation I had a visit from my mother and we went yard sale shopping and out to breakfast. I had a small date with my hubby to play pool. I had a father's day BBQ with my Daddy. I was supposed to have a Bday dinner with Jon's Mom for her birthday but the baby was sick. Then I had 3 days of Cousin S also known as Layla's Godmother. During those three days we had an alcohol stuper inducing BBQ with friends and family, my hubby got to go shooting at the range and then we had a Bday party for one of our good friends. This morning we ended the Godmother time with a quick breakfast at IHOP (mmm blueberry pancakes). Tomorrow is the last day of my HOMEcation and it's dinner with my Father in law, his soon to be wife and meeting her kids for the first time so they can see the baby. Anything that involves free mexican food is high on my list of cool things. So I'm looking forward to it. Layla says PaPa so it should be fun for them too. Saturday I start the prep for my yardsale next weekend. Rumor has it that there is a party next week too which should be fun.

The thing is... it was an awesome HOMEcation. While a couple people tried to break my funcoaster, they never got through. I also had a couple really great phone calls from my Far Away BFF who I am trying to talk into moving MUCH MUCH closer.

Starting Monday AM I'll be back to REALLY looking for a job and not just in that meeting the deadlines for County jobs sort of way. I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll be all ready for the yardsale and make some extra summer time cash.

I wish I had a more meaningful post to put up today but the truth of the matter is I took 2 naps with the baby today (the second one was 3 hours) and I'm just not that motivated. There will be microwave burritos for the hubby for dinner and the baby will be having a Gerber Mixed Veggie night and I'm going to get my pepsi with ice, take a $10 in gas drive and talk on the phone. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Well, what with the serial killer and all I have a feeling I'll be home soon for an extended vacation.