Monday, June 15, 2009

Day to Day


I feel like I have nothing to blog about the last couple days. Things have been good. Not to say that there hasn't been drama, my mom can attest that there has in fact been at least one moment of panic in my last week, but the thing is... it's all working out ok.

Even now... it looks like everything is ok for the time being. The baby has jammies & I have new bras (thanks mom), we have most of our bills paid/or about to be paid without worry (phew) and there is food in the fridge (including a nice selection of fresh local produce-yummy!).
There is a lot of day to day stuff going on here. Shopping with my mom, working mandatory overtime on a Sunday, long work weeks, a hubby who has to open at their job every day at 4 am for a week straight, an inability to find my other pair of work pants...stuff like that.
Father's Day is this weekend and we are going to a BBQ at Jon's Dad's on Saturday then having my Dad over to BBQ with us on Sunday. Nothing too fancy... just food and people and hopefully lots of laughter.

All those pregnant people I know are about ready to pop so I have been getting a surge of baby shower invites and have started leaving my phone on vibrate on my desk at work just in case we get the "we're in labor" text. Some of them really are that close.

My brother-in-law found a job. Hooray and God Bless. He, like me, took a pay cut but is willing to give it a good old fashioned try and I am proud of him. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law who live in Washington were recently down, bad scheduling meant Jon and Layla never saw them but I saw her baby bump and my neice for a moment at a baby shower and that was nice.
I'm making a blanket for one of my girlfriends. I keep starting over. It's not working the way I want it to. Life lesson= things aren't always going to do that.
I read a whole book yesterday start to finish after Layla went to bed and I stayed up to late so tonight I'll be in bed by 8:30.
For the people who have asked or emailed...no the friend I wrote the other email about never contacted me. So, I guess that tells you where that is going to stand for awhile being as I did all the contacting in the beginning. And, I'm ok with that.
Layla is getting so big and so grown up. She holds her pencil the right way, she sings and talks non-stop which we understand about half of, she plays pretend, colors and stacks blocks. She loves sorting flash cards, eating with both hands and water in any form. Terrible two tantrums are much less frequent. We really only had about 3 bad days. Now we get about 1 mini tantrum every couple days and it's usually because she is frustrated and doesn't have words for what she wants.
I joined Twitter. It's been fun. I also joined a "my kid, our planet, your time to make a change" group which I will be posting about later.
Dealing with the miscarraige has been uneventful. I do have a Dr's appointment in two weeks just to get the all clear to go back off red alert. I also wish I had someone I could talk to about it in that dirty curse words and long stories sort of way...but that hasn't really worked out.
And that's about it in my day to day life.

2 comments:

Layla's Nana said...

It's all good~

Courtney said...

It may not seem like it, but I'm here. And I won't tell on you if you use adult words. :) Call if you ever need to chat, vent, catch up.