Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Goat

At first when I hear the sound of grunting from the kitchen I make the assumption most mom's would make and I leave her alone to "do her business" but after a few minutes my curiousity gets the best of me... babies don't grunt that long.

In the kitchen I expect to find her struggling to move something heavy or climb something unstable. Turns out she was trying to open something difficult.

In stealth she scaled the cookbook cabinet (obvious from the things knocked over in her path) and got into my purse on the counter. She took a small pile of one dollar bills I am toting around for work and stuck the bundle down her shirt like a little pimp, after all that's where Nana keeps her phone.

At this point she's abandoned the pen she used to draw a small swish on her thigh and moved on to the big show. She found half a brownie in a zip locked bag and she is fighting with all her might to get the end with the yellow and blue make green strips open to get that chocolate out.

She was seconds from abandoning logic and trying to rip it or eat it through the bag, so I decided we might as well share it. After all, she did have a nice work out first, she earned it for both of us.

1 comment:

Grammi Teri said...

Maybe she will be a chocolate addicted mountain climber somwday.